Tasha W. Hebert is Of Counsel with Strauss Massey Dinneen and focuses her practice in the area of insurance law. She has over 20 years of practice and holds a Martindale-Hubbell AV/Preeminent Rating. She is a litigator who handles the defense of general liability, commercial transportation, premises liability, and construction-related cases. Her practice includes personal injury and property damage defense in connection to auto accidents, casualty, breach of contract, and insurance bad faith litigation. Throughout her career, she has been responsible for preparing cases for trial, conducting discovery, retaining appropriate experts, depositions, motions, court appearances, mediation, and preparing coverage opinions for third-party claims. She also has experience in transportation and premises liability law where she focused on counseling and defending national transportation carriers and businesses including retail and restaurants. Prior to joining a law practice, Tasha was a staff attorney to U.S. Magistrate Judge Joseph Wilkinson, Eastern District of Louisiana and a law clerk to Judge Ross LaDart, 24th Judicial District Court.
Tasha received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Loyola University. She continued her education at Loyola Law School receiving her J.D. in 1998. During law school, she was a legal research and writing teacher assistant. She also held an externship to the Honorable U.S. Magistrate Judge Joseph Wilkinson.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Louisiana Claims Association, “Instagram, Twitter, and Everything in Between: How to Effectively and Ethically Use Social Media in Defending Social Media in Personal Injury Suit” (June 2022)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- ALFA International
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 1998
- Loyola University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1995; Who’s Who Among American College Students; Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society; Alpha Kappa Delta Sociology Honor Society; Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
Bar and Court Admissions
- All Louisiana State and Federal Courts