Opportunities At SMD
We provide big-firm representation in a boutique environment; as such, our associate attorneys and professional staff are able to develop meaningful experience early in their careers. We believe that fostering a firm culture of collegiality and respect strengthens our team and enables us to provide exceptional service to our clients. We encourage input from everyone and welcome forward-thinking ideas to improve what we do and how we do it. We take a truly collaborative, team-based approach to representing our clients.
Strauss Massey Dinneen llc is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity in our firm will benefit our clients and bring value to our work.
“Truly collaborative culture with people who get along, respect each other and respect hard work; forward thinking partners.”
We are a downtown boutique litigation firm handling high level matters for insurers. Our firm culture is cooperative, collegial, and forward-thinking. We are seeking a legal assistant to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for multiple attorneys. Candidates must be proficient in Word and Excel; we prefer you have experience working in a legal office. Coyote Analytics (or similar law firm software) experience a plus, but not required. The right candidate is reliable, efficient, and works well in a team environment.
- Provide administrative support to three attorneys
- Effectively communicate with attorneys, colleagues, witnesses, and clients
- Maintain Outlook calendar for assigned attorneys
- Making travel arrangements
- Coordinate scheduling of depositions and mediations
- Prepare draft pleadings and discovery
- File documents with courts using e-filing systems
- Maintain case files using internal document management system
- Other duties as necessary
Skills required or preferred include:
- Proven experience as legal assistant
- Knowledge of legal terminology and court systems
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, document management software, billing software, pdf software)
- Worldox and Coyote experience is a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Five or more years of experience preferred
You may provide your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strauss Massey Dinneen LLC is seeking a lateral litigation attorney in New Orleans; this a growth position, newly created. SMD provides advices and representation to national insurers on complex matters involving coverage disputes, bad faith, insurance fraud and large-exposure losses. SMD offers a unique opportunity for development and immediate immersion into meaningful work, accompanied by direct mentoring in a collaborative culture. We believe a team approach best serves our clients and that happy lawyers who enjoy working together make the best team. The right candidate will have at least three years of relevant experience; be committed to excellent written advocacy; be excited to take depositions and argue motions; be comfortable with direct contact with sophisticated clients; and, importantly, a pleasure to work with. Our compensation package is competitive and includes incentive bonuses as well as excellent benefits. We are in-office but with WFH flexibility and provide a special vacation benefit upon your five year anniversary. You may provide your resume, writing sample and references to email@example.com.